An Aerial View of The Cleveland Play House

An aerial view of The Cleveland Play House(image/jpeg)
Bolton Theatre . . . Brooks Theatre . . . Drury Theatre . . . Rotunda . . . Reinberger Lobby

The Bolton Theatre was designed by Philip Johnson and constructed as part of the 1983 expansion project. It seats 548, all on the main floor. The Drury Theatre was built in 1927 as part of the original C.P.H. complex. The Drury seats a total of 504, with 111 in the balcony. The Studio One Theatre constructed as part of the 1983 Philip Johnson expansion. It is frequently home the our Chlidren's Theatre series. The Brooks Theatre was built in 1927 as part of the original C.P.H. complex and seats 138. The Rotunda or main lobby was part of the 1983 Philip Johnson designed expansion. The Reinberger(Drury) Lobby was part of the 1983 Philip Johnson designed expansion. The Sears Building, built in 1929, was incorporated into the C.P.H. complex as part of the 1983 expansion. For the Play House the Sears building houses scene, paint, costume and props shops in addition to rehearsal and class rooms space. It also provides a home for the Play House Club, the Cleveland Center for Comtemporary Art and Cleveland SignStage. 83th Street borders the Play House to the west. 86th Street borders the Play House to the east. The loading dock is accessed from 86th Street. Euclid Avenue borders the Play House to the north. Carnegie Avenue borders the Play House to the south. The Play House Club and Cleveland Center for Contemporary Art entrances are located off Carnegie Avenue. The Play House Main Entrance is located on the north side of the building facing Euclid Avenue. The Schubert Library...